$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Friday, October 21, 2011

Digital Divide

I am so sentimental. Today I almost cried twice. Earlier today, in my Systems Simulation class, I introduced Nintendo's 3DS:

When I saw their eyes, I almost cried. My boy just bought one when it first came out. Immediately they asked that next time I go to Chicago, I should bring them one.

I showed them earlier the SimCity, and Animal Crossing entries in Wikipedia.

We are learning how to use SimPy to simulate systems this term.

All Children of the World are Equal!

I'll do my best for these two Mep'haa girls.

Later in the day, in my Modern World Analysis class, we discussed quotas for Indian admission to our University. Another Indian girl told me that her parents didn't agree with the government's decision to teach English to Indian children who don't speak Spanish.

We are occupying their land and have the gall to tell them what to learn or not. HUBRIS.

I hope this situation ends someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment