$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Contribution

I am a math professor in a third world country, working at a university at the bottom of the intellectual ladder. My family lives in the US, because my wife and kids feel better there. I also feel better that they are there. Some of my students love me, others couldn't care less. I am organizing some science lectures, and helping develop new course of study.

My younger peers, are trying to make do, looking for more classes to teach in other universities.

What is my contribution?

I expect to affect 10% oft he students, the rest are not ready for a career in science. The odds are too much against them. I hope to be wrong about this.

This semester I will keep working here. Finally I see some contributions I can make to Physics. You can read my preliminary ideas in this blog. There is a lot of work to do. I followed with my heart in my hands, so to say, the saga of Troy Davis. (Wikipedia). He is dead and I am not. I should hurry up with my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment