$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Holidays

Rosh Hashanah gave me the opportunity to think about the holidays.

My upbringing was secular. I was baptized in the Catholic Church, and very much admire Pope Francis, but I am not a practicing Catholic. I married into a Jewish family, and some of my relatives are Protestant.

I had the opportunity to tell students about my beliefs, here I take the opportunity to do it again.

I believe in reality.

There is an objective subjectivity so to say. That is, the very process of perceiving is real, and frail. We need other sentient beings to corroborate what we perceive, to be sure. This frailty forces us to be skeptic. I believe that Science provides the best antidote to this fundamental problem of perception.

What is True? This is a scientific question, not religious, nor philosophical.

In my book, President Trump is morally wrong because he lies.

2 comments:

  1. It has always been a pleasure to learn your well though observations. Now, in these troubled times, we need the likes of thinkers like you more than ever.

    ReplyDelete