$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Saturday, September 23, 2017

This Blog

I have several blogs maintained by Google. Obviously I am betting on the longevity of Page & Brin's company. There is even one for UFOs, for goodness sake!

The idea is simple, the URL has my name on it. There are other people with the same name, but this is the only blog that identifies me, as a singular universal phenomenon.

Apart from the uniqueness of all of us as human beings, I do believe that I stood out, since I was a boy. I couldn't stop talking, that's more of a girl thing, but there you have it. If people let me talk I don't know when to stop. That explains the number of blogs in Page & Brin, or should I say, Larry & Sergei?

This note was prompted by a dear cousin.

She just woke me up last night with a video from Huitzuco. The town where we used to meet since we can remember. Some of the cousins lived in other places then. She used to live in the town though, and I used to live in Mexico City.

These memories bring back thoughts of another Huitzuco relative, aunt Irma. She grew up with my mother in that town, then later in life she took care of me when I went to study at the University of California.

Yesterday I talked to another cousin in Huitzuco. There was an earthquake there, you can read about it here. 

Fortunately only things were damaged, but my family is under some stress nonetheless.

Physical events can take us away from the fake world invented by a bunch of deluded kids online.

I am glad I touched base with my roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment