$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Scripting

At Lucent we worked with ksh. I am reading a microbiome paper, [link]. Surprisingly I find out scripting used!

At Fermilab we filtered huge data sets with software.

Recently I studied Graphs, Surfaces and Homology, with Peter Giblin book.

Today there is an article by Gina Kolata in the NYT.

The Human Microbiome Project is using the methods described in the article named "Microbiome profiling by Illumina sequencing of combinatorial sequence-tagged PCR products", linked above.

What a surprise!

In principle I could work in the field now called Bioinformatics.

I just do not know how to pass the gatekeepers.

Interesting work, though.

Maybe if the money comes back to the USA, it'll be easy to be creative again. BRICS, and the Eurozone are not very healthy these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment