$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Worldviews

I have had two or three worldviews during my life. I mean after I turned 10, before that age I don't remember thoughts on the meaning of life. I can distinguish two now, as a Mexican, and as a Mexican-American. During my Mexican stage, the US was an enemy of Mexico to the North. Now I have a more pro US position. Nevertheless I believe both these worldviews are in flux.

Similarly, my attitude towards sex and love, have shifted a bit. I am more willing to consider a worldview in which sex is not so close to love, but I still feel closer to a worldview that sees sex as hunger, and love as nourishment.

Sometimes I try to play the sociologist from Mars game, maybe now that I know that almost every star in the Milky Way has a planet, more like the sociologist from planet X. I do not believe in absolute moral values, but I do believe in knowledge. There are things we can learn, like how to produce Plutonium.

At some point, I have a hunch, we will learn, that a life without love is sadder.

No comments:

Post a Comment