$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Chilpo's Bogdan?

My kid brother is the head of the Mathematics Education Department at CINVESTAV, the premier math education center in Mexico. I visited him yesterday. I went to see an old friend Bogdan Mielnik, who has directed the work of two of my best students, David Fernández, and Oscar Rosas. Also from Poland I met my friend Piotr Kielanowski. I met new friends at the Physics Department, which I consider my Alma Mater: Gastón García-Calderón, Eduardo Gómez, Jean Pierre Gazeau, and another old friend Kurt Bernardo Wolf.

This was the Quantum Fest, and it was a feast for me.

The title of this note has to do with my, and Bogdan's habits. We work at odd hours, and to other people we may look absent minded. My brother made me aware that I may be considered Chilpo's Bogdan.

I actually feel honored by such comparison. I hope to live up to the resemblance to that great scientist.

It was a great event; I felt welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment