$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Flow

I got this book, Flow,  free. I am reading an article in the NYT (below) about Amazon. From the link in this paragraph you can see that Amazon sells it for $11 plus shipping.

I was expecting tornadoes in Chicago today; fortunately they didn't show up.

I am broke.

"If publishers and wholesalers feel threatened, writers are caught in the middle — both pawns and prize."


"“I worked so hard to sell those books,” Mrs. Reed said. “I had to talk to so many different people. Then I lost the sale to a couple of clicks on the computer.”"


These quotes are from the article above.


May you live in interesting times.

I know writers, and I am myself a creator of ideas. Here is my 5 cent contribution to this very interesting development with Mr, Bezos company, Amazon.

I feel I can do better than many members of the old economy, most of the people in the marketplace.

Jeff Bezos is a new kind of businessman, his day under the Sun has come. I side with him. He took advantage of information and computation ideas with a long history in the West. Now competitors do not know what hit them. For them, he is the ogre that took away the livelihood of 7,000 "consultants", that went around their small economic networks selling books to their friends in the school board. I find that uninteresting and not creative, but then again most people on this Earth make their living that way.

I do not see 7,000 Bezos changing the economic landscape tomorrow, and for this he may be defeated soon. Nonetheless I aspire to be another Jeff Bezos.

No comments:

Post a Comment