$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Software

Looking for a job, I am talking with my friend Don Summers. The way I see it, he discovered that ever decreasing computer prices together with the Internet protocol, TCP/IP, could do the same as a supercomputer for certain problems, with a fraction of the cost. As I can see, reading the Wired Magazine interview with Marc Andreessen, and as I had figured it out before that, Google, and Amazon should give a prize to my friend Don. But the world is not fair, as  our professor Hal Lewis used to say.

Don is a prolific scientist, I hope I can work with him.

Andreessen believes that the next big thing is Software.

This reminds me of a scene in the Graduate, the Mike Nichols film, where an experienced adult tells a young man; the future is in Plastics. Now I will tell any young man that wants to hear me, the future is in Software. I hope that this will be less obnoxious than all the plastic that surrounds us now.

Now that every coffeepot in the world is in the Internet, the Internet of things, we need all the software we can produce. I already see that in my field of High Energy Physics; I have seen the future, and the future is Software!

No comments:

Post a Comment