$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Speak So You Can Speak Again

NPR Books

Black people discovered the Structural Law of Professor Adrian Bejan, for literature. Lucy Ann Hurston titled this way the book she wrote about her aunt, Zora Neale Hurston.

For some time now, I have been trying to apply this Law to Physics. In particular to the Expanding Proton problem, which is the basis of my PhD thesis: Third Eikonal in Quantum Electrodynamics.

It is not easy.

Here I write what this title brings to my mind.

Listen to Lucy Ann here.

I've heard Zora (below), I believe the title means the following:

According to the Constructal Law, flow makes further flow possible. The surroundings are changed so next time around, flow is easier. Physics is the study of motion; according to Bejan now, Physics is the study of Flow.

When I was a student at Escuela Superior de Ingeniería Mecánica y Eléctrica, ESIME for short. in Mexico. I was deeply affected by the concept of Flux.

Wikipedia

Gauss became my hero. Such simple concept, such beautiful mathematics. I am very impressed by Professor Bejan's insight to the importance of flux in Physics. I studied in a technical institution, the Instituto Politécnico Nacional, thus I didn't have an education in History, otherwise I would've known that Isaac Newton pointed us in the right direction from the very beginning,  with his Method of Fluxions. Fortunately, it is never too late, as long as I'm alive I will pursue this line of thought.

Shape and Motion, Motion and Shape. Mass curves space, space directs mass. Albert Einstein understood Galileo's principle of free fall this way. Three centuries apart! We are so deaf to the clear messages of Nature.

Speak So You Can Speak Again!

The first time Zora spoke to a stranger, that stranger paid attention, and was ready to hear her again. She was not a meek black woman asking for permission to exist, she was telling him, that she was a force to be reckoned with: They listened. They understood so clearly, that they buried her in an unmarked lot, until Alice Walker revived her soul, so we will all listen to her.






No comments:

Post a Comment