$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Thursday, May 31, 2012

HHH

Hartle-Hawking-Hertog

I have been following this work since around 2006.

I heard Hawking speak to us in 1974, when Jim Hartle invited him to Santa Barbara (UCSB). Hawking explained to us the effect, that now bears his name. I've never met Hertog.

At UCSB during an elevator talk, Jim asked me where I was coming from in Mexico, I told him, from CINVESTAV, and he said: Plebanski is there, right?

Unfortunately I did not work with Jerzy, he was in Poland while I was at CINVESTAV, and then in 1973 I decided to go to Santa Barbara, when he came back to Mexico. I did interact with Jerzy when I went back to Mexico. What impressed Jim, and me, is the dare with which Jerzy, complexified General Relativity.

Now HHH use this complex spacetime, even with more elaborate string theory ingredients.

I just hope I start to make some money, so I can more seriously look at the work of these gentlemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment