$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Reality

From some of my notes, one may get the impression that I will not be hired as a teacher soon. There is no way to know the future. This note, states reality, as I see it right now, so I can go forward.

It is not a plus that I was not hired back at two high schools. If I was hiring, that will be a minus.  On the other hand I will give the opportunity to such a person to present his point of view.

School for me was easy, the high school students were not trying hard as I saw it, and I was not trained to help them more than I did. This time around, I will definitely be more sensitive at learning differences. I taught college in Mexico. There, if you do not study, you are out. No professor is not hired back because students fail. These were news for me. Now I know better; students have more help and resources here, it has to work, and department heads and school administrators expect few students failing.

I recently read, "Why Nations Fail," by professors Daron Acemoglu, and James Robinson, they identify what they call Inclusive Institutions, both Economical and Political, that produce success. As it happens, most countries of the world, including my own, have Extractive Institutions. Man is the wolf of man kind of thing. It is not that some cultures are good, and some bad, that is a self serving view, where "my" people are the good ones. The issue is historic, Jamestown, Virginia, started a new civilization, because the Europeans moving there, could not extract a living from Americans, nor silver and gold from the land. Mexico, Tenochtitlan, is a completely different story. Hernan Cortes defeated Cuahtemoc, and inherited his slaves, his silver and his gold. As simple as that. Since that August 13, 1521, when Cortes won, Mexico Tenochtitlan has not seen the light of day.

I cannot pay for the sins of my ancestors, I am Spanish-Mexican, no Aztec here, but my employers should give me a break, I will try everybody fairly, whether they have a Logical-Mathematical mind like myself, or not.

Wikipedia 


Logical-mathematical

This area has to do with logic, abstractions, reasoning and numbers and critical thinking. While it is often assumed that those with this intelligence naturally excel in mathematics, chess, computer programming and other logical or numerical activities, a more accurate definition places less emphasis on traditional mathematical ability and more on reasoning capabilities, recognizing abstract patterns, scientific thinking and investigation and the ability to perform complex calculations.[citation needed] Logical reasoning is closely linked to fluid intelligence and to general ability.[6]


No comments:

Post a Comment