$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Friday, September 21, 2012

Statistics

In 1980 I taught the Fluids, Heat, and Waves laboratory course, at Universidad Autónoma de Puebla. I had taken Statistical Mechanics at the Physics Department of the University of California, Santa Barbara, and at Departamento de Física, of the Instituto Politécnico Nacional, Centro de Investigación y de Estudios Avanzados, in Mexico.

Now I am going to take the Artificial Intelligence Course CS188.1x, at the University of California Berkeley, through Coursera.

Furthermore, as I've written before on this blog, I believe, that most of what we call Theoretical Physics, is Applied Statistics. We measure, we fit, we propose formulas and computer programs, and do it again, and again, getting a better fit to data.

Professor Leo Breiman, from Berkeley, pursued his study of Statistics there, until his death.

Now it is my turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment