$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Monday, September 3, 2012

Gerard 't Hooft

Wikipedia

Professor 't Hooft has consistently being original. For several years now, he has developed an interpretation of microscopic motion.

One of his latest works can be read here.

I thought several years back, that thinking about Information, was a path to knowledge. Here I try to inform this idea with the recent work of 't Hooft.

Information is a set of marks for objects to move. It is similar to a Turing machine. 't Hooft now proposes a deterministic string cellular automaton, as the mathematical language to describe microscopic motion.

This is my take away from his paper.

First a little more on my own ideas, on cellular automata, and reality.

There is not much to it really, I imagine the Universe in the beginning, as the simplest thing we can conceive in our minds. This is a simplifying guide. If it turns out, that simple steps show up, as complex objects, say as beautiful and smart as my daughter Leza, after a sufficient long number of steps of the Turing machine, I made it!

I am not there yet; all I have accomplished so far, is to produce Leza in real life.

Oh yes, all I mean to achieve, is a good enough mathematical description of microscopic motion. I do not aspire to ever know, what the Universe is made of. That is for the good Lord up there, if he/she is there. I am just a simple mortal.

Paraphrasing professor 't Hooft: "For the time being, our reply to all those who come forward with Bells’ inequalities, will be: look at the mathematics, this is what our paper is about."

My philosophy for the Universe, is just a simplifying assumption, so I can think. Leave the rest to the good Lord.

Hypotheses non fingo.

My take away is that professor 't Hooft has done much more work, than I have. Nevertheless he is still very far from producing my beautiful daughter out of his equations.


No comments:

Post a Comment