$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Baysean?

I just finished Ms. Bertsch McGrayne's book, (below). As a physicist I studied Statistical Mechanics, the frequentist philosophy was enough for us, plenty of data under fixed and repeatable conditions. I did not have any idea of the minefield of Bayes Theory in Mathematical Statistics.

Thanks Ms. McGrayne you taught me something, my posterior is different than my prior.

Only recently have I been forced by my experience and ideas to consider a more subjective view of reality. At this point I am in an extreme subjective stage. Knowledge today, is different than yesterday, and tomorrow's, in all fields of science.

Where to from here?

To be a committed Baysean I have to work, and first of all I have to get the conditions conducent for that.

What about a company?

Bayes-Cantoral R&D, or B-C R&D for short?

No comments:

Post a Comment