$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What if There are no Laws?

I mean, Physics Laws.

When Professor Douglas Scalapino use to think aloud at UCSB, during my student days, and wondered whether  all charges were many body results, and thus, quarks corresponded to just another configuration of something, I thought to myself, this cannot be, there are Fundamental Laws, and condensed matter regularities.

Well I think I am wiser now, and Doug may have a point.

I feel that science objectivity is not all that it is taken up to be. Recently Professor  Julio César Arce  just posted a paper where he derives the time dependent Schrödinger's equation with Bayes Theory ideas, [arXiv]. Unfortunately he does not discuss the subjective aspect of the construct. I guess chemists and physicists do not get entangled in Philosophy, because we are not trained that way.

Here I do.

If we have a subjective view of reality, then there are no laws, or more properly, whatever we think they are, they are not. There is no time that flows like a river independently of everything else, nor the variable $$t$$ in Schrödinger's equation is what we think it is. I believe that Bayes showed us the way forward; but then, we have to accept, that our science is not fundamental, it is SUBJECTIVE.

Now all these names make more sense to me, ''holon", "spinon-dopon", whatever.


No comments:

Post a Comment