$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Monday, February 27, 2012

There Are Reasons

I have been advocating in this site for a New Scientific Method, heavily inclined towards methods and computer calculation. It is an agnostic method: I do not know if there is a God, or gods, a Theory of Everything, or theories, and so an so forth. Nevertheless I believe there are Reasons.

Professor David Deutsch published a fundamental book recently, "The Beginning of Infinity", there he argues that explanations work, and humans are the only ones that can translate an explanation into changes in reality. All the Plutonium on Earth is human made, for instance.

If Obama gets elected in November, there are reasons, if the World Ends on December 21, 2012, there are reasons, and so on. Nevertheless it could happen that we will never know the reasons for very important events, for instance: Why at that time of day, I suffered the heart attack, that killed me?

My role is to promote this view, and make it useful. Are there people reading this who want to help?

No comments:

Post a Comment