$$\LaTeX$$ Formula Editor for Blogger

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

So What?

OK now I know why protons get bigger as they accelerate. Can I patent that?

I have kept a blog for high school students called Relevant Science; the intention is to encourage them to follow a scientific career. Right now my brother in law is the head of the Mexican Mathematical Society, he is telling young students why they should study mathematics, that it is good for business and all that. But then, why the richest Mexican, who is himself the richest man on Earth, is not a mathematician? Carlos Slim Helu only has a bachelors degree in Civil Engineering. No; the only valid reason to study mathematics or physics, is because one wants to know why does the proton grow perpendicular to its motion.

Now I know; and other people, likely in the future, will profit from this fact. For now, I can go to sleep peacefully.

You know what? My brother in law does mathematics because he loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment